20 April, 2010

color video assignment.

assignment for my Expanded Cinema Practice class. we had to work with color, and color balancing. this is what i did.



Diana asked me if she could put it on the LCD screens in the stairwell of the East Building; i said yes. it's been playing since last Monday evening.
we critiqued it in class, but i haven't really gotten any feedback besides that.
one student briefly commented on it to me. he said he had talked to some other people about it... he mentioned that other people had a problem with the nudity. my reaction to that: wtf? really? apparently they didn't find it "necessary" .............. something tells me that's probably a more personal comment than anything. anyway, give me feedback here.

3 comments:

  1. So you should make you video not private...or add me on your goolge/youtube account so i can see it. Im MrAlorx on youtube.
    I want to see it and respond to that criticism...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the best art- Simple and sweet.
    These are my things that i have in resonse:

    Fucking beautiful audio transtition as the blindfold comes one. Sexy as shit.
    ---
    response to the nudity thing. Fuck em. as weird as it sounds i didnt notice it! um i dont know why lydiaer...but i dont think it called be called "unessecary" or whatever. I think thats a personal thing from whoever said it to you.
    worked really well in with the whole thing, and also to take it out (to wear something under your brace) is fucked up cos that (im assuming) wasnt how you wore it! so then it would be 'unessecaryly' awkward with some other clothing on.
    --
    I watched it at work the first time and couldnt hear the audio so yea was good to watch it again. Also, when i first saw it the slow motion and the stuttery-ness of it irritated me, i was thinking like "oh she should have got a cam that shot like 100fps (frames per second) and made this super sexy slow mo shiz" and then iwas like no wait look at it agian and the stuttery nature of it actually looked awesome becaue it fitted so well into the piece, the wole alternate dream state thing blended with it really nicley and when it got to the end and the loops and stuff made this even more epic as well.
    ok thats a big rant. there ya go :)

    ReplyDelete